- July 26 – Dr. M interviewed on LiveScience about his research on body size evolution
- April 7 – An interview with Dr M at Page 3.14
- July 20 - Brian Ross and the Investigative Team at ABC News discuss dumping of munitions in the deep features quotes from Dr. M
- February 27 – Kevin Z interviewed at A Blog Around the Clock
- April 22 – One of Kevin Z’s songs was played on Cephalopodcast’s Earth Hour podcast
- July 28 – Kevin Z wrote an article On the Allure of the Ocean’s Novelty in Seed Magazine
- September 1 – Kevin Z photographed and mentioned in SEED Magazine’s SEED Scene (cached | pdf) in September/October issue
- April 21 – An interview with Bora Zivkovic on Dr M’s beginnings as a marine biologist, science blogging, serving as an editor for PLoS, and open-access publishing.
- June 15 – Duke Research interviews Dr M and asks 5 questions about ocean biodiversity, body size variation, blue whales, municipal water supplies, giant squids, cell membranes, giant isopods, islands, Victorian science, and of course the deep sea.
- October 6 – DSN discussed on Nothing to Lose: Entrepreneurial Lessons and Adventures of Brian Linton
- October 16 – Kevin Z was quoted in Shrimp News International on Isabel Farfante’s death.
- December 15 – Dr M’s talk “An Empire Lacking Food: The Astonishing Existence of Life on the Deep-Sea Floor” as part of the American Scientist Pizza Lunch series. Science Writer Delene Beeland covers it nicely for Science in the Triangle and her blog Wild Muse. Bora also includes a bit of a write up at A Blog Around the Clock. Video of the talk can be seen at American Scientist.
- January 18 – Scott Huler: Online Science Conference Draws 250 (Charlotte Observer)
- January 18 – Featured blog on Nature Blog Network!
- January 27 – Dr M is a guest of Radio in Vivo, discussing body size and biodiversity of the deep sea, ecology of seamounts, science blogging, and outreach. The podcast (mp3) can be heard online.
- February 11 – Kevin Z interviewed on The Reef Tank
- February 15- Dr M interviewed for NewsObserver
- March 11 – DSN mentioned in Columbian Journalism Review
- March 30 – Dr. M interviewed at Fox News about giant isopods
- March 31 – Dr. M interviewed at MSNBC’s Cosmic Log and DSN related posts highlighted as well as excerpted at National Geographic News about giant isopods
- April 1 – Dr. M and Kevin Z interviewed at AOL News and Dr. M is highlighted at Discovery News about giant isopods. Dr. M’s interview at MSNBC is excerpted at Australia’s Channel 9 News MSN.
- April 2 – Dr. M quoted on Mother Nature Network about giant isopods
- April 5 – Kevin Z discusses Isopocalypse 2010 with Glassbox-Design as well as aquarium keeping
- April 6 – Dr. M’s isopocalypse story picked up by National Geographic Wild
- May 19 – Miriam interviewed on PRI’s The World podcast
- July 13 – Dr. Carin Bondar interviews Dr. M and initiates him Nerd of the Week
- July 15 – Kevin Z’s article “How to Retard Scientific Progress” discussed by German science website Spektrum der Wissenschaft
- July 30 – Deep Sea News mentioned as a “great blog” for natural history and deep sea exploration by Michael Robinson on NPR’s Where We Live: Explorers
- August 19 – Dr. M is quoted and DSN is linked to in a Wired.com article on the oil in the deep Gulf of Mexico