Deep-sea mining as been our radar for awhile. Now it’s on NYT’s Green Blog. Put it on yours.
The Chinese government announces plans for deep-sea mining; it will seek copper, nickel and cobalt 5,000 feet down in international waters.
Prior DSN posts about mining the seafloor
- NIOT will starts the next phase of fields trials at 1000m for deep-sea mining equipment
- Vents of gold
- Deep-sea mining workshop at Woods Hole
- A brief pardon for PNG deep
- Nautilus invests more money in mining
- Legislative reform needed to protect ocean floor from mining
- Nautilus moves to new phase (courtesy of Rick Macpherson)
- Everything you wanted to know about Nautilus Mining
- The new ‘gold rush’ off Africa
- Is PNG for sale? Tribal villagers think so.
- How mining the ocean floor is good not bad
- DSN’s first post on deep-sea mining from 2007